GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. The examination is conducted over duration of three and half hours. It has been designed to check the efficiency of the aspirants who want to take admissions in all proficient universities around the world. The GMAT score is used by the business schools and universities for the decisions regarding the admissions of the aspirants.
It is basically an online test and the candidates get one question at a time based on the accuracy of the previous questions. Accordingly, the difficulty level of the next question can also be ascertained. The test is computer based. The examination is conducted to assess the aspirant’s writing, analytical, quantitative, reading and verbal skills in the stand written English language.
The students who want to take admission in the MBA program or Masters in finance courses are allowed to appear in this exam. Now, a separate GMAT assessment exam has been introduced for the people who want to go for executive MBA. This is known as the mini GMAT executive assessment examination. GMAT is one of the most prominent MBA exams in India.
The highest score which one can attain in this examination is 800. The verbal and the quantitative section scores go up to 800 and the overall test score is calculated on the basis of average scores of the two sections. For taking admissions in the top universities, an average of 710 score is required and for the middle tier universities a score of 600 is considered for admissions.
Number of Times You Can Appear For GMAT
An aspirant can appear for the examination for not more than 8 times in a lifetime and not more than five times in a twelve-month period. An aspirant can appear for the exam once every sixteen calendar days.
Usage of Calculator
The students are not allowed to bring their own calculators. However, a calculator is being provided to the students by the authorities itself.
The application fee for all candidates is $250. If the candidate wishes to reschedule the exam more than 7 days before appointment additional $50 needs to be paid. If he/she reschedules within 7 days of appointment additional $250 is to be paid.
There are no such limitations in this exam. The minimum age to apply is 18 years. The aspirant who is applying should be a graduate in any degree from a recognized university or institute.
The test centers for GMAT are offered to the students on their preferences. The examination takes place in around 35 centers in 31 cities. The list of all the cities where the examination might take place is given below-
- New Delhi
To register for the examination, the candidate needs to follow the steps given below:
- The first and the foremost step is to log in to the official website of GMAT and search for the register page option.
- The next step is to fill the essential requirements such as name, address, qualifications and so on.
- After the filling of the basic information, the candidate will be updated with a unique identity and password which he or she needs to use for the log in purposes in the further steps.
- The next step is to make the online payment for the examination. The online payment can also be made using the debit or credit card or the net banking facility as per the needs and preferences of the candidates.
- Now, the application form is complete and the aspirant can log in on the website and select the date and place as per his/her preference.
Admission Process for GMAT
The admission process can be segregated into the following steps:
- Once the GMAT exam is over and you have the scores with you, it’s time to search for the best B-schools which are suitable for your MBA course and criteria. You can also apply for the institutes which you prefer.
- The B-schools are the ones who will shortlist the aspirants on the basis of their scores. The final selection involves various processes such as the statement of purpose, application forms, letter of recommendations and the final round i.e. the interview.
- The final selection in any of the B-schools takes place on the basis of the profile and the statement of purpose. The more vibrant the profile, the more are the chances of your selection. The profile includes all the information such as academic background, experience, quality, extracurricular activities, etc.
- The statement of purpose is also something which is taken into consideration while the admission process. It should provide a clear vision of the programme you want to enroll yourself into.
Image source: eduregard.com.ng