Benefits of Studying in Multiple Countries
Is it that you’re planning to study abroad? But, you don’t know which study destination to choose. Choosing a right destination is an extremely difficult choice to be made.
While there are a number of factors that can help you choose your study destination, I have another perspective that is completely different when talking about the study abroad journey.
Why not consider studying in multiple countries than just one destination?
Obviously, it doesn’t apply in case you want to pursue a specific course or have a particular university in your mind. In that case, it is advisable that you stick to your choices.
But what if you’re still contemplating the choice of a study destination?
In that case, I recommend that you explore the opportunity of studying a course that allows you to study in multiple countries during different semesters.
There are many universities offering such courses both at undergraduate as well as graduate levels. These courses are structured in such a way that one/ more semesters are conducted at different study locations. Different study locations may be located in one or more continents.
What are the benefits of pursuing such courses?
- Such programs are designed with an intention of offering a diverse cultural experience to the participants.
- Not only you get to gain diverse experience, but also your chances of getting a job placement of your choice get enhanced manifold.
- You get to travel more countries and explore places located close to your study place. After all, no one minds getting more stamps on the passport. There is no way better to bruise your passport by getting to stay in a new place for a number of weeks/ months. When you’re a student at some place, you get an opportunity to know the locals and understand its culture in a much better way than as a tourist.
- You make new friends each time you move to a new study place. Therefore, such programs allow you to have contacts at a number of places in the world. It can help you in an unbelievable number of ways and times in your life.
- Multi-country academic courses/ programs certainly make you a better person. What makes me say that?
You get to learn new languages and become a better communicator. Even, you learn to adapt quickly to your surroundings. It is because you’re not spoilt for choices. In order to survive in a new place, you’ll have to mingle with fellow students and locals.
Then, there will be times you’ll be required to stay on budget, especially when your destination is an expensive place to stay. You’ll learn to navigate different means of transportation. All this will help you become a better manager and a tough person.
You’ll be exposed to different methods of teaching and get to study in top universities of the world depending on the choice of your program. Learning experiences of such a scale and diversity are entitled to broaden your horizons and change your outlook towards life.
By getting exposed to different cultures and varied people, your mind becomes flexible. You’ll find a change in yourself. This change will encourage you to try new things and you’ll start being less judgmental about others.
A multi-country study abroad choice never comes easy. I completely understand this choice may even raise a lot of doubts. Even then, I strongly feel the experience that comes with this choice is completely worth your time and money both for your academic and travel goals.
Image source: cdn3.goabroad.com