Choice of a Study Destination:
Asia being the fastest growing economy in the world, there are a number of benefits of studying in Asian universities. Even more, Asia boasts of some top-ranked universities in the world.
For anyone who wants to be close to home yet study in a university that has international recognition, Singapore and Hong Kong are two obvious study destination choices.
Besides world class education that is offered in these study destinations, they even offer awe-inspiring travel opportunities. Students from all over the world travel to these study destinations in order to gain an exposure of studying in an international university.
Having talked about the benefits of studying in the given study destinations, you must be wondering which one should be your choice. The choice of a study destination never comes easy!
To facilitate your decision making process, we have compiled a list of similarities and differences between the two study destinations.
- Both the study destinations boast of modern landscapes and advanced system of transportation.
- Singapore and Hong Kong both offer excellent global networking opportunities.
- Degrees offered by universities in both the study places are internationally recognized by employers all over the world.
- The cost of studying in both the destinations is almost similar.
- The universities in both the study destinations offer programs that are taught in English language.
- Both the places offer scholarships and funding for international students to attract global talent.
- The universities in both the places consider your scores, obtained in courses, as a measure of your success.
Read Also: Top Study Destinations Near India
- By studying in Hong Kong, you are exposed to Chinese culture, its history, and so on. Therefore, Hong Kong is your place to be if you have an inclination towards learning Chinese culture. Singapore, on the other hand, is for those who want to study in a very neat and clean environment with a complete modern set-up.
- Because Mandarin Chinese is widely spoken in Hong Kong, there are bright chances that you will develop your skills in the given language. Besides English, the other official languages spoken in Singapore include Malay, Tamil and Mandarin Chinese. It is quite a possibility that you will learn these languages simply by going around in Singapore.
Based on the information given above, you must have already deduced that there is not much difference between two study destinations. Both offer high-quality education and an experience of a lifetime. Your choice must, therefore, be based on the university preference and culture/ place you would like to experience.
Image source: cdn.static-economist.com