Studying abroad is a choice that never comes easy!
Nevertheless, it remains a long cherished dream for most of the Indian students.
There are students who want to gain exposure by studying abroad while there are others who wish to brighten their future prospects.
This journey, however, involves a lot of money and effort. Not every student has sufficient resources to meet the finances that are involved in a study abroad journey.
Does it mean that you should give up on your dreams of studying in an international university?
We at ‘My Study Destination’ believe in making your dreams a reality. Thus, we have compiled a list of hacks that will make it easier for you to win scholarships.
The moment we talk about scholarships in our country, there is a common perception that it’s not possible to get one.
The objective of writing this post is to make you believe that the odds of getting a scholarship are quite high as against your expectations when applying for a program in a foreign university.
Things You Must Know to Win Scholarships
The foremost thing you must know is that there is no way you can win scholarships by not making an application in the first place. No one can help you if you don’t want to help yourself!
There are programs or courses for which there are very few applicants for scholarships. Bang bang! This increases your chances of getting scholarships to accomplish your dreams.
All you need to do is identify the right opportunities and make a convincing application to the admission council. Remember make no mistakes in telling a compelling story if you don’t want a “NO”.
Want to make your dreams a reality?
Follow the simple hacks given below to fulfill your dreams of studying in a foreign land:
Understanding the Hard Work that is involved:
Winning scholarships always involve a lot of hard word, dedication and perseverance.
You need to understand that you have to make applications in large numbers if you’re really hoping to win a scholarship.
My dear friend, you got it absolutely right!
Winning a scholarship is definitely a number game coupled with a strong profile and the indomitable spirit.
Key Points to Success:
- Conduct an extensive research on schools/ universities that offer scholarships.
- Gather information on the courses available, eligibility criteria, application requirements, and deadlines.
- Set up a weekly schedule to work on your application so as to maximize the output.
- Understand the evaluation criteria and work towards making your profile/ application stronger.
- Read the success stories of candidates who managed to win the scholarships you’re considering for yourself. Evaluate your application against them and work on your weaker areas.
- Remember all your efforts need to be directed towards making your application unique. There is no scope for generic statements used in an application.
- Talk about your love for volunteering and how you’re going to give your learning back to society.
- Get great recommendations and not the usual ones.
Making a Choice of Studying at Unconventional Study Destination:
If you consider heading off the beaten path, your odds of getting a scholarship increase manifold. Remember, it’s all about making a choice and doing the things in a different manner. The results you get by studying in an unconventional study place are never disappointing.
Also, you brighten your chances of getting a waiver on tuition-fees when you choose to study a program in a foreign language or in a critical language (language that is not popular amongst locals).
Making an Early Application:
You automatically enhance your chances of winning a dream scholarship by applying early.
Notably, the applications that are made early get a chance of being read thoroughly as against the ones that are already stacked.
As soon as the deadline is reached, there are a number of applications stacked and chances are there that your application might just get skimmed through.
Thus, we recommend playing your best shot by making an early application!
Every small effort you make towards turning your dreams a reality counts. And in the end, it all adds up.
Image source: fastweb.com