PTE refers to Pearson Test of English. It is a computer-based test to check your English proficiency. Therefore, there is no human intervention of any sort as all the items are scored on a machine.
PTE (Academic) is widely accepted for study abroad programs by numerous universities around the world. Even more, the score has its significance for immigration purposes. However, PTE (General) is used to assess general English language proficiency and is not valid for study purposes.
PTE (Academic) Details
Registration time: Advance bookings recommended, but you can even book when the exam is 48 hours away
Result: Within 5 business days
Test Duration: 3 hours
Time between two attempts: 5 days
Test Dates: flexible
Fee for exam: 11,300/- INR
Score Validity: 2 years
Acceptability of PTE
The PTE score is approved by the Australian government for visa applications. Moreover, it is accepted by numerous universities and institutions in U.K, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland.
PTE Test Format
The test consist of four modules that are speaking, writing, reading, and listening each divided into three parts. Every part is given a distinct time slot
Part 1: Speaking & Writing (77 – 93 Minutes)
nigerian connect dating site click here to find out more flirten leicht gemacht http://cafemamboibiza.com/?vuuijj=site-rencontre-amical-pour-femme&e16=8e click here for more http://www.austincountyems.com/piknik/6094 who is chico benymon dating http://devrimcicephe.org/vistawkoe/3007 see it here tellement vrai rencontre sur le net Type and Duration: Number of Items
• Personal Introduction(1min): 1
• Read aloud: 6-7
• Repeat sentence: 10-12
• Describe image: 6-7
• Re-tell lecture: 3-4
• Answer short question: 10-12
• Summarize written text(30mins): 2-3
• Essay (20mins): 1
Part 2: Reading (32 – 41 minutes)
• Fill in the blanks(reading): 4-5
• Multiple choice questions(multiple answers): 2-3
• Re-order paragraphs: 2-3
• Fill in the blanks(reading, writing): 5-6
• Multiple choice questions(single answer): 2-3
Optional break for 10 minutes
Part 3: Listening (45 – 57 Minutes)
• Summarize spoken text(30mins): 2-3
• Multiple choice questions: 2-3
• Fill the blanks: 2-3
• Highlight the correct summary: 2-3
• Multiple choice questions: 2-3
• Select missing word: 2-3
• Highlight incorrect words: 2-3
• Write from dictation: 3-4
PTE provides composite as well as separate scores of a test taker.
Overall score: The score ranges from 10-90 points. The basis of a score is the candidate’s performance in all the modules.
Communicative skills score: The given range of every skill is 10-90 points. A separate score for every communicative skill (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) is provided.
Enabling skills score: It comprises of grammar, fluency, pronunciation, vocabulary, spelling and written discourse. The score for every skill ranges from 10-90.
You may visit the link given here to know about the details of scoring criteria: scoring system
Important Points for PTE Exam
• ‘Multiple choice questions choose multiple answers’ and ‘highlight incorrect words’ questions carry negative marking. Therefore, remember no flukes for these types of questions. There is no negative marking for the remaining questions. Hence, do not leave any question unanswered.
• You must continue speaking, even if you are formulating any ideas. It is because the recorder gets off after there is no sound for 3 seconds. Also, avoid long pauses. You may, however, use fillers like, well, shall I say, etc.
• Ensure the correct usage of punctuation and capitalization.
• Always maintain your focus and high levels of concentration.
• Avoid repeating things or correcting yourself in case you end up making any mistake.
• There are certain items that have no beep. Therefore, you must not wait and start speaking as soon as the recorder ends.
• Speak at your natural pace.
• Time management is very important in PTE. Familiarize yourself with all the question types in advance.
• Practice is the key to success in PTE. There is a limited time allowed and you need to type all the answers. Therefore, you must practice typing in advance.
• Keep a constant watch on the “time remaining” button to ensure the optimal utilization of time.
• Watch the “next button” for items not individually timed, to know how soon you need to go to the next item without losing time.
• Work on improving your grammar and vocabulary skills to boost your performance in the exam.
Image source: educationworld.in