rencontre a strasbourg gratuit TOEFL means Test of English as a foreign language. It is a highly advanced form of appraisal and measures the proficiency of applicants in the English language. This exam, therefore, helps million of non-native English language speakers seeking admissions in English-speaking universities around the globe. Mostly, the countries offer Internet-based Test (iBT) and a very few offer Paper Based Test (PBT). Certain universities may, specifically, ask for a score on the internet-based test. The scoring criteria of two exams differ from each other. The PBT is a 3-and-a-half hour test while the iBT takes approximately 4 hours for its completion.
http://www.cordes-beregnung.de/pinochet/2982 Note: The validity of TOEFL score is two years.
TOEFL Test Sections
The given test is divided into 4 sections as given below:
Improving Your TOEL Score
The strategies that may be implemented to improve your score in each of the TOEFL sections given above are as follows:
- Reading is the first section. Thus, you need to be very calm, confident and fully prepared when you start attempting this section.
- Start using skimming and the scanning method from the beginning itself. This will help you save considerable time. Remember, you don’t have much time at your disposal to read the whole passage. Also, there will not be enough time to re-read the passage.
- The time management is important to maintain your calm and peace. Thus, you need a well-planned strategy for the efficient utilization of time.
- You may, also, consider taking notes while reading a passage to enhance your speed.
- The wisdom is to start finding connections between the ideas that are given in the passage. This will enhance your understanding of the passage and thus, improve your score.
- You must focus on improving your vocabulary as there are 2 questions based on vocabulary from each reading.
- You must carefully listen to everything that is being spoken. Also, make sure that you scan all the given options before marking a final answer.
- In order to perform well in this section, you must read, write and listen at the same time.
- Start listening to podcasts from different sources like BBC worldwide, Discovery channel, and English and American talk shows. Following this, make it a habit to review the talk shows.
- While practicing, you must not play the tape or CD time and again. The golden rule is to simulate the real test environment. Therefore, you must play the CD only once as it happens during the actual test.
- Avoid looking back at listening questions which have been already answered.
- When we talk about the speaking section, there is no room for inhibitions, nervousness or hesitation.
- Practice loads of previous test paper questions.
- Record your practice sessions to work on your mistakes later on.
- Make use of only those words you are comfortable with and are confident about.
- Your speech must be spontaneous, clear, and coherent.
- Make correct pauses. To model, you need to make a pause after prepositional phrases. Furthermore, focus on speaking in a clear and loud tone.
- As far as this section is concerned, the critical component is the formatting style adopted by you. You must adhere to the same style of formatting during all your practice sessions.
- You must work at improving your typing skills.
- Planning is vital as it helps in writing focused and organized content.
- Your writings should be simple, clear and easy to understand.
- Support your text with as many relevant examples as possible.
- Ensure that there is enough time left for revision.
- Remember phrases from your practice test.
Some basic but quite useful tips:
- Practice is the key to success in this exam
- Avoid making silly mistakes as they can be easily avoided.
- Make sure you attempt all the questions as there will be no negative marking.
- Practice on QWERTY keyboard so as to be familiar with the layout.
site rencontre 47 Related Articles:
Image source: linguasoftedu.com