With growing awareness, a greater number of students are now interested in studying in Canada. The number of Indian students applying for a Canadian student visa has dramatically increased over the past number of years.
The reasons could be country’s high-quality education system, reputed universities, and student-friendly government policies along with visa laws. There is a faster processing of visa applications and flexible university systems to facilitate the admission procedure for Indian students.
I must, therefore, congratulate you in case you’ve decided to pursue your study abroad journey in Canada. You have already achieved one of the key milestones. Taking a decision about the study destination of your choice is probably the toughest one when we talk about a study abroad journey.
Next, comes yet another daunting task of checking the university pre-requisite list. While the admission prerequisites may vary from one university to another, there is a list of basic requirements that remain same throughout the country.
What are the prerequisites for studying in Canada?
It is recommended that you apply to any participating Student Partnership Program (SPP) College when making an application for studying in Canada in order to streamline their visa and admission process.
- In order to maximize your admission chances, you must have attained a minimum of 60% in your recently completed degree or diploma course.
- Depending upon the program of your choice, you must also demonstrate relevant study experience in the subjects that are related to the course you’re applying to.
- The students are expected to showcase a work experience of not more than 2-3 years. Because there is a limitation on study gap years, it is better if your work experience doesn’t exceed 2 years. Nevertheless, it is determined by your course of study along with a university choice.
- The visa chances are bleak in case there are any academic backlogs or you have failed the subjects more than 6-8 times.
- Like when you’re seeking admissions to universities in other countries, your cover letter plays a vital role in determining the success of your application to a school/ university in Canada. Remember, you must devote ample time in drafting your cover letter.
- http://www.iclonerevolution.com/mamon/7492 http://www.seo-pruvodce.cz/moloko/6499 jean valjean rencontre mgr myriel erfahrungsberichte speed dating http://vedantaiowa.org/?makrosyt=plentyoffish-100-free-online-dating&2d4=61 check that rencontres d'ostéopathie comparée Learn More Here signs you are dating a sociopath navigate to this site IELTS Requirements: When applying to any of the SPP Colleges, you need an overall IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5. The score must not be older than 2 years. In case your IELTS score is not up to the mark and doesn’t meet a set criteria, you may consider applying to Non-SPP colleges. The visa success rates are, however, very less when applying to Non-SPP colleges.
- A study gap of more than 5 years is not accepted. However, there are certain exceptions for students with exceptional grades and work experience.
*Career Coach Special Tip*
Start applying early to get a timely response from the university and to complete the visa formalities well in time. Avoid applying during March-June as they happen to be the busiest months of the year.
Useful Resources for Studying in Canada
Image source: blog.studyideas.com