The moment you think of study abroad, you must know that it’s not going to be an easy or a comfortable journey. However, you can make it a lot easier by planning the things in a right manner. The right preparations for your study abroad journey are done in two phases as given below:
- Before getting an acceptance in a university
- After getting enrolled in a university course of your choice
If you’re seeking admissions to study abroad, you must refer to our check it out “Step-by-Step Guide: How to Plan your Studies Abroad in a Perfect Manner?”
Moving ahead, what is it that you need to do after you’re over with the admission process? Remember, there still remains a lot of work that can just not be overlooked. If you want everything to go smoothly and make the best out of your international student journey, there are many things to be taken care of. Here is a lowdown on things you need to know and plan for:
Before you Reach your Study Destination
There are different things you need to figure out while planning your accommodation:
- boyfriend still on online dating sites University accommodation or private housing: Mostly, the universities offer an accommodation to the international students for the initial one or two years. It is advisable to opt for the university accommodation during the first year and later move on to private accommodation/ off-university accommodation depending upon your priorities and needs.
- Costs involved
- If you are keen on sharing a room or not? The sharing will obviously reduce your accommodation expenses.
http://zspskorcz.pl/pictose/eseit/6844 *Career Coach Special Tips*
- Start your search for the accommodation early. In fact, as soon as you get your offer letter.
- Contact the international student office at your university to seek their suggestions and advice on how to go about your search.
Means of Transportation
You must find out about the modes of transport that are available in the destination city for commutation. Further, you need to find out the cheapest and safest option out of the available ones.
matchmaking advertisements *Career Coach Special Tips*
- Find out if there is a special discount given to the students on travel passes and arrange one for yourself as soon as you land the destination city.
- You must also inquire if the university offers any transportation service. The universities that are quite huge, generally, offer a free cab ride for a fixed range of miles or kilometers.
Find out extensively about the types of insurances and different plans that are available for the international students. You may browse for the information online or contact your travel agent for the same. It is recommended that you don’t leave your country without getting a proper medical insurance plan.
Data Card/ Calling Card
How much does a calling card cost at your study destination city? Which telecom company offers the best services and cheapest international plans? Does your university offer a free Wi-Fi? Will you need a data connection as well? You must seek answers to all these questions before you make a final leap towards your study abroad journey.
After you Reach your Study Destination
International Student Office
This is your place to be whenever you are stuck. The people at the International Student Office are generally very welcoming and help you sort all your problems. You may even contact them for getting discounted travel cards and other services at cheaper rates like printing, photocopies, etc. Furthermore, you can easily gather information on different events and programs that take place at the university, specifically, for the international students.
As an international student, you must have a bank account in your study destination country. Having a bank account makes finance management a lot easier for you in a foreign land.
list of dating sims games *Career Coach Special Tip*
Before you open an account in any bank, you must enquire if your university has a relationship with any of the banks for referring their international students. Further, you may want to compare the distance of the bank branch from your campus, its services and costs.
Wish all of you a fantabulous study abroad journey!
Image source: vergemagazine