If you’re planning to study abroad, you would know how much it means for a student to get his/ her needs and expectations fulfilled at a new place/ study destination?
The reason we are doing this post on “My Study Destination” is that the universities of Norway have recently managed to achieve top ranks for completely satisfying the academic and personal needs of international students. Thus, Norway is fast becoming the favorite study destination of students who get to study there.
Given below are the top reasons that make Norway an excellent study destination for international students:
As a student in Norway, the students get to enjoy high living standards. Because of this students find their stay comfortable in their study destination. Besides, Norway happens to be one of the safest countries in the European continent. There is a very low crime rate and thus, the students don’t have to worry about their safety.
No Tuition Fee
Another reason Norway is fast emerging as an excellent study destination is the public universities in this country don’t charge any tuition fee from local as well as international students. A small token fee of around 50 EUR per semester is charged from students. The students are, therefore, exposed to quality education in a foreign land at minimal rates.
The universities in Norway lay a strong emphasis on helping international students adjust to new place and culture. Even more, the locals are very warm and friendly in welcoming the foreigners and making them feel comfortable. They are willing to offer any kind of support so as to help foreigners adapt quickly to their nation.
The university culture in Norway is found to be very relaxed. There is a friendly atmosphere that encourages students to interact more with their professors and seniors. The environment is such that it encourages learning and knowledge sharing amongst students.
Work while you Study
The Norwegian government allows international students to work for up to 20 hours per week when the college/ university is on and full-time during holidays. It is, therefore, possible for the students to support their living expenses while studying in Norway.
University of Bergen: The Top University in Norway
Benefits of Studying in UiB
- It offers a wide variety of programs for students to choose from in almost every field of study. There are 400-degree programs (taught in English) offered by this university.
- The university is located in the second largest city of Norway that happens to be a social, cultural and economic hub. Even more, the city offers a friendly atmosphere appropriate for students to maximize their learning in a new environment.
- The University plays a leading role in Arctic research and is widely cited in this field of work.
- Besides offering excellent learning and teaching standards to students, the university also offers them an ideal environment for socializing and immersing themselves in the local culture.
- By staying in Bergen, the students get an opportunity to engage themselves in multiple sports and outdoor activities like rafting, biking, scuba diving, mountain climbing, etc. Also, there are many fascinating leisure activities for students to engage themselves.