What is a College/ University Admission Resume?
http://meliggoi.gr/mokryxa/5258 A college admission resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is a document that summarizes your academic qualifications, skills, contributions and professional accomplishments. Basically, it is used to demonstrate your academic and professional background.
conseil site de rencontre The terms resume and CV are used interchangeably most of the times, but they may also have separate meanings in different countries.
rencontres femmes 80 They are required when making an application to a university/ college for studying abroad.
The Significance of your Resume/ CV
- Your resume marks a first impression on admission officers.
- It forms a critical component of the decision process carried out by college/ university admission council.
Resume/ CV Writing Tips
- Designing of a resume must be done carefully so as to reflect your objective in a precise and an accurate manner.
- It should be impressive and written in such a manner that it quickly grabs the attention of admission officers.
- Focus on your academic background, work history, skills, and accomplishments.
- Adhere to the standard format and rules followed while writing an academic resume. Ensure the correct usage of font, spacing, etc.
- Pay close attention to the content and hierarchy of your qualifications along with the achievements.
- Stick with an ideal length of the resume.
- Even if your resume acts as a marketing document, you must not exaggerate it and attempt to over-market yourself. The admission officers are experts in evaluating your profile. Even more, they crosscheck everything mentioned by you. Any false information provided by you will simply result in the rejection of your application
Step-by-Step: Everything to be included in your University Admission Resume
romance dating site This section describes a sequence of things that must be included in your resume:
- Basics: Your name, address and contact details.
- Educational Background: Names and address of the schools you attended, years of passing and the marks obtained.
Because you’re making an application for a study abroad program, you will be required to mention the scores on relevant exams like TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, etc.
- Next, you must highlight any awards or scholarships won by you in schools. You must describe the award and mention the year you received it along with a reason for getting the same.
- List all the special summer programs or internships attended by you relevant to the course you’re applying to.
- State all the work experience, including part-time and voluntary you possess. Any work experience you’ve acquired by now must be mentioned because it forms an important component of your study abroad application.
- Showcase your skills and list all extra-curricular activities you’ve been associated with. Describe the activity, skills acquired from the activity, time devoted to the activity and accomplishments if any.
- Names and contact details of your references. Your references are people known to you who can make a positive recommendation for you.
global personals ltd dating sites Final Words: Even though the primary objective of writing a college admission resume or CV is to paint a rosy picture of yourself, you must not get tempted to make any false claims. Finally, you must remember resume writing is all about writing the truth.
Image source: blogs-images.forbes.com