Biology is one of those few subjects that still remain captivating for the curious minds. Because there is a lot left to be explored in this field, it still remains an exciting field of study. This area represents a vast amount of scope for students who are interested in making a career out of this field.
By studying Bachelors in Biology, you get the option to pursue a wide variety of careers. All these careers are such that they have a huge demand in the market and can take your career to the next level. Also, the given field of study is continually evolving and represents a bright future.
Structure of the Course
A Bachelor’s in Biology is structured in such a way that it helps you learn and explore practical and theoretical aspects in different fields like Human Body, Animals, Plants, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Cell Theory, Chemistry, Microbiology and more.
The given course of Bachelor’s in Biology is such a common and well-reputed course that it can easily be found in almost every university all over the world. However, the options for those striving hard to study only in the top universities are as given below:
- University of South Florida (Florida, United States)
- London South Bank University (London, United Kingdom)
- Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands)
- University of the West of Scotland (Paisley, United Kingdom)
- University of Nicosia (Nicosia, Cyprus)
Source: Bachelors Portal
Benefits of Bachelors in Biology
One of the major benefits of pursuing Bachelors in Biology abroad is that it is one of the very popular courses in those countries. It is because the institutions in these countries are highly interested in investing their time and resources in scientific research. Give that most of the research that is carried out in the field of Sciences is based on Biology. This works to your advantage as owing to its huge demand, there is no dearth of employment opportunities.
After pursuing this course, you may consider doing specialization in any of the fields given below:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Molecular Science
- Environmental Sciences
Having a clear understanding of what you can do after the completion of this course is important as it will help you determine your future course of action.
What you must know is that this ‘study of life’ opens many doors for you in case you wish to pursue some of the hottest and trending career options. The available options are as given below:
- Biologist: By becoming Biologist, you would be responsible for conducting research along with lab experiments. Depending on your specialization, you should be able to find easy employment in either research institutions or companies of different types.
- Forensic Expert: This is going to be an exciting career for you in case you a fan of CSI. Your job would be to analyze criminal evidence so as to assist police in their investigation.
- Food Expert: As a food expert, you’ll be specializing in the field of food research in order to come up with better food products or to improve the food storage processes. You’re likely to work with food producers and government agencies.
- Environmental Expert: Your field of work will be concerned with environmental protection.
- Nanotechnologist: You will be pursuing research and carrying out all your work in the area of Nanotechnology.
While the options given above happen to be the most common choices of Biology graduates, there are several other options as well. These include the job roles of a biomedical engineer, microbiologist, veterinarian, pharmacologist and many more.
The career options you get exposed to by doing your undergraduate studies in Biology are limitless. Furthermore, the given course is generally offered in the English language in foreign universities. It, therefore, poses no language barriers and should be your choice in case you’re looking at making a career in the field of Biology.
Image source: bridgeport.edu